Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Always remember...



It was a day on which everything changed. And for those outside of the intelligence community, there wasn't even a sign of trouble on September 11, 2001. It was an absolutely beautiful, late summer/early fall day.

I've written before about my memories of 9/11, where I was when I heard the news, how it affected me, how much I admire those whose bravery saved countless more lives, and those whose bravery led to their own losses.

Today means different things to different people. But what it means to me, on this day more than any other, is giving thanks to those who put their life on the line every day to protect others. Those who do not back down in the face of disaster, those willing to lend a hand, an ear, a heart to those in need.

And more than that, today serves as a powerful reminder of life's fragility. We never know when we'll run out of chances to tell our family, our friends, those we love, those we admire, those who make us laugh and think, how much they mean to us.

Always remember that. It's tragedy that often teaches us the hardest lessons, but it's also tragedy that strengthens our hearts and our memories and our minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment