Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Cool cover song of the week...

I posted this video a few years ago, but I still love it, and since it fits the category, why not share it again?

I've been a big fan of Chris Daughtry's since he appeared on the fifth season of American Idol (where he inexplicably finished fourth). There's just something about the tone of his voice that has always resonated with me.

In 2009, he performed a live acoustic version of Lady Gaga's Poker Face for a radio station in Germany. I thought the combination of the acoustic guitar and his vocal delivery really brought a different dimension to the usually frenetic song.

So, if you've not seen this before (or even if you have), enjoy!



Check out my previous Cool Cover Songs of the Week:

Borderline by The Counting Crows

How Deep Is Your Love by The Bird and The Bee

Life in a Northern Town by Sugarland, Little Big Town, and Jake Owen

I Don't Want to Talk About It by The Indigo Girls

Only You by Joshua Radin

Pure Imagination by Maroon 5

I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by Blake Stratton

What a Fool Believes by Neri Per Caso

No comments:

Post a Comment