Friday, August 9, 2013

Introverts, this one's for you...

Those of you who know me well (or remember me), know that I'm fairly outgoing and kinda (okay, quite) talkative. And I'll admit I don't mind being the center of attention every now and...well, a lot.

But that being said, I tend to feel the most extroverted and "on" when I'm surrounded by people with whom I feel comfortable. I'm not good at walking into a room full of people and shaking hands with strangers, no matter how good it would be for me to do professionally. And even when I'm in a room filled with people with whom I should be familiar, I'm still not the type to approach them and would be much happier hanging out in the background...or perhaps behind the scenes.



I know I don't fit your textbook definition of introvert, but despite what you may think, I'm definitely more introverted than extroverted. (Really.) And once I read Buzzfeed's 27 Problems Only Introverts Will Understand, I was pretty convinced, because I can identify with almost every single one of them!

Some of my favorites include:
  • When you carry a book to a public place so no one will bug you, but other people take that as a conversation starter.

  • When people can’t seem to grasp that being in small groups is where you excel the most.

  • When people make you feel weird for wanting to do things by yourself.

  • When you’re really excited to go out, but those good feelings don’t last long enough.

  • And when you need to be completely alone so you can recharge and get back to being awesome.

Do any of these sound like you? That's absolutely fine. Remember:



Read the whole list at www.buzzfeed.com/erinlarosa/problems-only-introverts-will-understand. And then go someplace quiet and recharge yourself. I don't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment