Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Book Review: "Heat Wave" by TJ Klune

With Heat Wave, TJ Klune's fantastic Extraordinaries series comes to a powerful and satisfying conclusion.

If you’ve been following me for a while, you’ll know that Klune is one of my absolute favorite writers; in fact, two of his books were my #1 favorite in 2020 and 2021. I love his balance of fantasy, emotion, humor, hope, and queer characters.

Heat Wave is the perfect conclusion to this series—although I’m sad it's over. All together, this is a tremendous series of books about making your way in the world when you feel different than others. More than that, it’s about friendship, love, hope, grief, loyalty, and superheroes. But it is definitely a series that should be read in order, so I'm avoiding spoilers.

This book made me feel a range of emotions. It made me laugh and cry, and it made me happy that despite the threats we face in our world today, books like this exist, to give us hope where many of us so desperately need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment