Monday, August 29, 2011

Super, Super Psyched...

As I've discussed before, I am a ginormous fan of the Hunger Games trilogy. I devoured all three books last year and was completely captivated by Katniss and Peeta's struggles through the Games.

Fortunately, I read the books before casting decisions were made for the movie adaptation, so I didn't have any vision of the characters in my heads. While I saw certain things, I didn't focus much on the characters' descriptions, so I didn't have the unhappy reactions some fans did when the roles were cast. (Clearly many of the books' fans have the inability to picture actors and actresses undergoing transformations for roles; if a person is blonde, they can't seem to picture them dying their hair or putting on muscle.)

Last night during the MTV Video Music Awards (which I missed because I haven't seen a music video in quite some time) the network premiered a teaser trailer for The Hunger Games, which is due out in March. While it is super-short (hence the word "teaser"), it rekindled the excitement I felt when the casting decisions were announced. I honestly CANNOT wait until the movie is released and hope that it is faithful to the book, while being a good movie on its own. The good news is that the trilogy's author, Suzanne Collins, has worked very closely with director Gary Ross (Seabiscuit) on the film, so I am tremendously optimistic.

Check out the trailer below and know that I'll continue posting updates as they appear! (BTW, I'm totally Team Peeta.)

Get More: 2011 VMA, Music

No comments:

Post a Comment