Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A song that always stops me in my tracks...

There are certain songs that the moment I hear them, I stop what I'm doing (unless I'm driving) to listen and, of course, sing along. (And depending on the song, and where I am at the time, maybe dance, but no one needs that visual in their head.)

One of these songs is the mesmerizing The Blower's Daughter by Damien Rice. It's a simple, spare, yet powerful song that I can literally listen to over and over and over again. Rice's voice, and the backup vocals by Lisa Hannigan, are melodic and haunting.

The song was featured in the movie Closer, which starred Julia Roberts, Jude Law, Clive Owen, and Natalie Portman, and I guess because of that movie, the song tends to make me feel a little melancholy, but ultimately hopeful and uplifted.

What are the songs that stop you in your tracks? Enjoy watching and listening to one of mine. (Apologies in advance for the commercial preceding the video...)

No comments:

Post a Comment