I had forgotten how much I love the way Emily Giffin writes! Not only was this book romantic and emotional, but it also really made me think about what I would do if faced with the situations the main characters found themselves in. And I’m honestly still not sure!
Billie had always wanted to be a doctor. Now she and two of her friends run a reproductive clinic in New York City. She’s also fallen in love with Dean, a trauma surgeon. This relationship makes her happy and feels so stable.
The night after Dean’s surprise marriage proposal, she gets a phone call from Mick, her first love. They fell in love in high school and dated through college, but when she left Wisconsin for medical school, their relationship couldn’t survive. The pain and loss devastated Billie for some time.
It’s been years since she’s spoken to Mick. But he’s calling with news that upends Billie’s happiness. Before she knows it she’s back in Wisconsin, reconnecting with her old friends and seeing Mick for the first time in a different light. It’s painful but cathartic, and yet it leaves her both secure in the choices she’s made and wondering if the path she took is the right one.
There were so many beautiful moments in this book. While the plot wasn’t surprising, I loved seeing it all unfold the way it did. The characters weren’t completely likable (but who is?) but most of their actions were understandable. I was actually sad to see this end!

No comments:
Post a Comment