Sunday, June 5, 2022

Book Review: "The Lies I Tell" by Julie Clark

Tense and twisty, The Lies I Tell got me thinking.

“I spend hundreds of hours on observation and research….When I’m done, I know everything I possibly can about you, and most of the people around you. By the time you’re saying nice to meet you, I’ve already known you for months. Does this worry you? It should.”

She’s been Meg, Maggie, Margaret, Melody. She’s been a college student, a life coach, a real estate agent. Over the years, Meg has perfected the art of the con. She knows how to get what she needs and disappear before she gets caught.

Kat's life was upended 10 years ago, and she’s always blamed Meg. And when Meg comes back into her orbit, she’s determined to expose her for what she’s done. But as they draw closer, she doesn’t know what to believe about Meg. What is her end game this time? Whom has she targeted? And is she going to get the best of Kat again?

I found this absolutely fascinating and compelling. I loved Julie Clark’s last book, The Last Flight, and this has cemented her as an auto-buy author for me. There were twists I anticipated and twists I didn’t, and in the end, the book definitely surprised me a bit. Meg and Kat were fascinating characters.

Thanks so much to NetGalley and SOURCEBOOKS Landmark for an advance copy of the book in exchange for an unbiased review! The book will publish 6/21.

No comments:

Post a Comment