Thursday, January 25, 2024

Book Review: "The Fury" by Alex Michaelides

Many thanks to Celadon Books for the free copy!

“I knew what happened. I was there. Who am I? Well, I am the narrator of this tale—and also a character in it. There were seven of us in all, trapped on the island. One of us was a murderer.”

How do you feel about unreliable narrators? If your answer is, “I hate them,” then this is not the book for you. Suffice it to say that the story was deviously twisty, it doubles and triples back on itself more than a few times, and just when you think you’ve figured it out, you haven’t.

So much has been written about this book on Bookstagram and other review sites, so I won’t share a plot summary. But this is a tale of love, betrayal, guilt, murder, and dealing with one’s demons. I found it frustrating at times, especially because none of the characters are particularly likable, but I couldn’t put it down at all. Alex Michaelides takes you on another wild ride, like he did in The Silent Patient and The Maidens.

No comments:

Post a Comment