Monday, September 20, 2021

Book Review: "Us" by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy

Steamy, fun, and romantic. I love this series by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy!

I never knew how much my life was missing M/M hockey romance until I picked up Him, the first book in this series, and I absolutely fell in love with it. And now, with the second book? Damn, I’m hooked.

Us picks up with teenage best friends-turned-lovers Ryan and Jamie moving to Toronto so Ryan can play in the NHL and Jamie can help coach a junior team. They agreed to keep their relationship a secret for Ryan’s rookie season so the focus could be on his athletic skills, not his sexuality.

But both start to get tired of hiding, of only being able to see each other when Ryan is home from games and doesn’t have appearances to make. And when his nosiest teammate moves into their apartment building, it further curtails their time together and they wonder how long it will be before their relationship is discovered.

When a crisis arises, it forces them both to think about what they want—personally and professionally. Can their relationship survive? Do they want it to?

I love "Wesmie" so much, and the supporting characters are fun, too. Once again, as it was in Him, the steam is SERIOUSLY hot (no complaints whatsoever) and the book definitely had me tearing up in more than a few places.

I definitely need more of these books!!

No comments:

Post a Comment