Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving thanks...



As hard as it is to believe, it's Thanksgiving again. It's the first time in five years I haven't been stressing out over basting the turkey and worrying about how all of the side dishes would be finished around the same time! But I will admit, spending the holiday in the 75-degree weather of Florida is something fairly easy to get used to!

I try to be thankful every day for all of the special people and great things I have in my life, but more so on this day. I am thankful for those I love, and I am grateful to have been able to celebrate a number of special occasions with my family in this last year.

I am thankful that while many of my family and friends were inconvenienced by Hurricane Sandy (some significantly), no one was harmed. While I wish we could live in a world that was more united than divided, it was good to see how people come together to support each other in times of greatest need.

Above all, I am grateful to have the love and support of so many amazing friends. Thank you for laughing with me, providing support and encouragement when I've needed it, and for just being the incredible people you are.

On this day, I can't help but have the lyrics to The Beatles' In My Life running through my head:
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all
Thank you for being you!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours...

No comments:

Post a Comment