Saturday, October 9, 2021

Book Review: "I Am Not Who You Think I Am" by Eric Rickstad

Wow, this was dark and twisty.

When he was eight years old, Wayland’s father killed himself in front of him. The only explanation was a cryptic note which read, “I am not who you think I am.” He can’t understand why his father would’ve killed himself or why his mother has gotten rid of anything connected with him.

Now 16, Wayland is still haunted by the memories of that day, but when he makes a startling discovery, he thinks the note his father left may be the key to some answers around his death. But the more he digs, things get more mysterious, and Wayland gets more and more unhinged. And what he finds out may be far more bizarre than he ever imagined.

I Am Not Who You Think I Am was a definite slow burn but it was very intriguing. But as Wayland started to lose his grip, the book starts getting darker and darker and definitely more bizarre. By the end it felt a little like a mashup between a gothic novel and Riley Sager’s Lock Every Door, more in tone though, not horror.

If dark and twisty books are your jam, check this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment