Sunday, January 30, 2022

Book Review: "Running Wild" by K.A. Tucker

Thanks to K.A. Tucker's latest book, I don’t care that it’s January, I happily went back to Alaska!!

When I think of my favorite book series, Tucker’s Wild series (The Simple Wild, Wild at Heart, and Forever Wild) quickly comes to mind. I fell deeply in love with Calla and Josh (especially Josh, yum) and the supporting cast of characters.

Running Wild, Tucker’s latest, focuses on Marie, a veterinarian who travels all over Alaska for her work. She’s also Josh’s best friend, and while she had hoped they could mean more than that to one another, it wasn’t meant to be. So she’s thrown herself into her work, which she loves, but she does get tired of everyone trying to set her up with someone, and her family treating her as if she's not whole without marriage and a family.

When she meets Tyler, who’s recently moved to the area to train sled dogs for the Iditarod, their first encounter is a tense one. (She’s investigating an alleged case of animal abuse.) But the more they get to know each other, the more she respects his talent and the more intense their connection to one another grows. However, Tyler is in love with someone else, and only wants to be with Marie as a friend. She's done that type of relationship before. Will true love ever swing her way?

I enjoyed Running Wild so much. Tucker pulled me right into this story and as always, made me care about these characters like they were my friends. I was also so impressed with the level of research she did on the Iditarod race and sled dogs, as I knew next to nothing coming into this book.

Here’s hoping there’s more Alaska to come for us Tucker fans!!

No comments:

Post a Comment