Friday, November 26, 2010

Giving Thanks...



Yesterday was Thanksgiving, but since we were visiting my parents (who are without internet service—the horror!), I couldn't post until our return home today.

Two hours of grocery shopping (at two different stores) and 14 hours of cooking resulted in most of the food being polished off in 45 minutes. But as exhausted as I felt, I wouldn't have traded the time for anything.

I am so thankful to have been able to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family and the love of my life at my side. I am thankful that, at age 88, my grandmother could join us to celebrate for another year, and of course, it didn't hurt that she praised all of my food. And my nephews are growing up into sweet, funny little boys, despite the clear fact that my three-year-old nephew is possessed by the spirit of a 50-year-old!

During the week we were in New Jersey, the time wasn't always relaxing but it was enjoyable. However, I'm so thankful we were able to spend time with my aunt and uncle and cousins, as well as my friend Lisa and her family. !

Most of all, I'm thankful for every person in my life. Whether they're colleagues, compatriots, antagonists, family, friends or simply people I connect with online, every single one of you brings something special to my life, and I truly cherish each connection and each memory.

May each of you have health, happiness, success, love and laughter in the year to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment