Thursday, November 18, 2010

What I'm Thankful For -- Day 18



One week until Thanksgiving. Unbelievable. In fact, I completed planning my menu today, so I know the holiday is just around the corner!!

Day 18
Following my participation in last year's half-marathon in Las Vegas, I started noticing I was unable to run anymore. Then this pain and weakness started affecting my ability to do regular cardiovascular exercise, even leg workouts at the gym. At first I thought I was having hamstring issues, then I thought it was an issue with my knee, and finally, worried I might need my hip replaced. After x-rays and a hellish MRI, I was sent to physical therapy, where the tear in my hip as well as some other structural/muscular issues were diagnosed.

A few weeks ago, I had a cortisone shot in my hip, and to say the difference in my mobility is night and day would be an understatement. In the last two weeks, I've started actual hip exercises and even went on the treadmill for the first time today. It's going to be a hard road back to getting into the shape I was in prior to this injury, but thanks to my physical therapist and his team, I feel ready to do so. I'll be a beast again, I promise you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment