Sunday, November 7, 2010

What I'm Thankful For -- Day 7



Eighteen days until Thanksgiving! Turning the clocks back last night made it seem even more like fall, and with the colder weather, the holiday season really does seem much closer.

Each day since the start of the month I've been posting about one thing for which I'm thankful. This isn't a bad thing to do every day, even after Thanksgiving!


Day 7
They say music soothes the savage beast. I certainly don't think of myself in those terms, but I know I'd be lost without music. At times, music does calm me; sometimes it energizes and excites me, especially when I need a lift. I work out to music, drive with it, work and read while listening to it. What an amazing gift it is!

Music has provided an amazing soundtrack to so many events in my life. There are so many instances where hearing a certain song takes me back to a specific place and time, or certain people. Songs make me smile and sometimes they can make me cry, if they evoke a memory or provoke an emotional response.

To quote one of my favorite television shows growing up, Fame, songs are around whenever you need them.

With the advent of the iPod, I've been able to aggregate nearly 15,000 songs at my fingertips. Songs I grew up with, songs sung by artists I saw in concert, songs I decided to experiment with (musically) and again, songs that evoke memories. I am so thankful that music has been so important in my life, and I am thankful to have been able to share so much of that music with friends and loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment