Sunday, April 18, 2021

Book Review: "The Good Sister" by Sally Hepworth

Whoa, Sally Hepworth has done it again with her newest book, The Good Sister!

I've been wanting to read this since I received an awesome advance copy of the book from St. Martin's Press (along with some amazing gardening swag) and it lived up to every rave I've seen. Had to stay up until 2:00 a.m. to finish!!⁣

Some women would do anything for their sisters.

Rose and Fern are twin sisters, and they’re very close. They have dinner together three nights a week. But even though they’re twins, they couldn’t be more different.

Fern works in the local library (don’t ask her about the printers or photocopiers) and has a very strict routine. She has some sensory processing issues and can’t stand loud noises or crowds, or people touching her. Rose has always looked out for Fern, ever since they were young.

What Rose wants more than anything is to have a baby, but she is unable to get pregnant. When Fern learns of this, she thinks that perhaps she could get pregnant and give the baby to Rose as a way of thanking her. But what Fern doesn’t realize is that this one decision made out of selflessness will upend her world, and change so many things.

I'm going to leave the plot summary there. I love a book that surprises you, one that slowly becomes a different story than you were expecting. Bravo to Hepworth for keeping me guessing and for creating some very memorable characters, especially Wally.

Many of you know my relationship with thrillers so I’m so excited about how much I enjoyed The Good Sister!! Thanks again to St. Martin's Press for the complimentary advance copy of the book in exchange for an unbiased review!!

No comments:

Post a Comment