Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Book Review: "A Curse of Scales and Flame" by Max Walker

It’s been a while since I’ve read a fantasy (and even longer since I’ve read an M/M one), but when a guy I thirst follow on Instagram (whatever) raved about this, I thought I’d give it a try. I was totally hooked!

There is a curse all over the world that seems to be killing dragons or, more specifically, humans who turn into dragons. No one understands who is responsible or how it can be reversed.

Damien is the oldest son in a family of dragons. He’s had to watch, powerless, as his mother died, and now his youngest brother is sick. Will the curse get each of them, one by one?

At his best friend’s magic store, Damien meets Robby, a friendly and somewhat klutzy guy. Damien rescues Robby from vampires twice, and then they find out that Robby is being hunted. Damien and his family want to protect Robby, and when they discover that somehow he has a link to those involved in the curse, they all want to find answers.

Of course, it’s not long before Damien and Robby’s intense attraction to one another brings them together in some very steamy ways. Can Damien protect Robby and find out how to reverse the curse before it’s too late for his brother? Can the two ever have a chance at happiness together?

I really enjoyed this and was so impressed with Max Walters’ creativity, his world-building, and the fascinating characters he created. This was an emotional, sexy, and completely entertaining, and I’ll be reading the second book in the series for sure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment