Thursday, July 1, 2021

Book Review: "Home Sweet Mess" by Allison Ashley

You know I love my fun, steamy, emotional rom-coms, and Allison Ashley's newest book, Home Sweet Mess is a good addition to the list!!

When Logan and Jeni first meet, he’s immediately smitten; she takes a fairly instant dislike to him because she believes him to be a womanizer. But with Logan being her brother’s best friend, it appears she won’t be able to escape seeing him.

When Andrew, Jeni’s twin brother, is diagnosed with cancer, he needs the support of both of them. Little by little, Logan and Jeni grow closer, but she’s not interested in a relationship since her marriage failed. But Logan wants more than friends with benefits; he wants it all, and he wants it with Jeni. Can he convince her to try again?

I loved the banter between these characters and their great chemistry. The smack talk about each other’s football teams totally cracked me up, but there was also tenderness and humor between them, too. Rom-coms that combine chemistry with emotion are always my favorite.

Sure, at times I wanted to shake Jeni and make her realize that Logan wasn’t her ex, but I want to shake lots of people, real and fictional. (It's funny because it's true.)

Home Sweet Mess is Ashley’s second book featuring some of the same characters; I’ll definitely want to go back and read her first book, Perfect Distraction.

Thanks to Kate Rock Book Tours and Allison Ashley for allowing me to be part of the tour, and providing a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for an unbiased review!!

No comments:

Post a Comment